I am an enthusiastic and energetic People, Process and Technology Senior Manager with an eye for detail who can also see the big picture with the ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Significant experience in Customer Support and Data Centre Design, Management and Operations of both large and small teams to gain efficiencies, improve productivity and exceed customer expectations.
- Expertise in driving changa at local, regional and international levels to deliver cost savings while driving key performance indicators.
- Through strategic thinking, statistical analysis and negotiation skills I create and gain support to implement game changing strategies at local, regional and global levels.
- Directly and indirectly challenge and support staff to build World Class environments that encompasses global Best Practices.
Datacentre Operations Manager . University of NSW (UNSW)
Senior Manager . Global Operations (EMC)
- The UNSW IT Infrastructure provides IT services to 6,000 UNSW staff, 40,000 students and over 120,000 alumni across 4 Data Centres housing over 150 racks and over 1000 physical servers.
- The Data Centre Manager provides expert services in relation to the Implementing, Managing, Operating and Supporting the IT Server environment for all of UNSW.
- Managing a team of Datacentre Technical Operators, I am responsible for all aspects of the White Space inside the UNSW Datacentre Environment from Racking & Stacking, Decommissioning, Cooling and Power requirements as well as all hardware related support issues for the physical servers.
- Working with Facilities Management I drive compliance, monitoring and uptime requirements and drive improvements to exceed business expectations.
- Work with Senior Business Managers globally for productivity and process improvement
- Country Lead - British Telecom Next Generation Call Centre (NGCC) VoIP phone based cloud rollout. Drove improvements in the Testing and Implementation methodology resulting in a .issue free. delivery with these .best practices. becoming part of the global roll out
- Global Lead . Employee Availability System (Time Tracking) driving staff utilisation and cost improvements
- Global Lead - 2010, 2011 Support Centre Practices Audit of Hopkinton (US), Cork (Ireland), Shanghai (China) and Bangalore (India) obtaining the .highest scores ever.
- Creation of Tools and Automation to streamline processes, improve productivity and Customer Satisfaction gaining cost savings exceeding $18MUS a year
- Global Manpower and Scheduling Model Using Erlang-C to provide the .Right Resource at the Right Time. by distributing existing resources to where they are needed
- Delivered the .Excellence in Managing Customer Conversations. customer handling training in Sydney, India, China
- Positive, energetic, practical and innovative.
- Polished interpersonal skills, adept at exceeding customer expectations.
- Meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Passion for learning and keeping knowledge current.
- Executive Masters of Business Administration (eMBA) — University of Technology Sydney
- Certified Support Center Manager (CSM) — Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA)
- Certificate 4 — Front Line Management (BSB41001) — Academy of Learning (Australia)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library V3 Foundations Certified (ITIL V3) —Office of Covernment and Commerce (Australia)
- Team management, recrutment, development and retention
- Course development and presentation
- Pre- and post-sales technical support & consulting
- Teams — set up the Sydney and Bangalore support centre, team coaching in Shanghai and Tokyo
My natural abilities, education, experience and preferences are aligned with driving improvements, streamlining
and automating systems, teaching and assisting others anywhere in the world.